So I am finally doing one tag. Before Icontinue, I’d like to apologise to all my friends whose tags I have not takenup and at the same time I would like to thank Meghana for tagging me. Ok there aretwo major reasons I am taking up this tag:
1. Not really excited to writeabout anything right now.
2. This one really got methinking.
According to the tag, I am supposed to listseven things about myself that people don’t know about me or at least I thinkthey don’t know about me. I am an open book and there is hardly anything aboutme that’s a secret and that’s why this post took me quite a while to write.Anyways here it goes:
1) This one is gonna be a shocker,but I hardly read. Yes, I hardly readand I am being very honest about that. Till February 2010, the only books I hadread were Hardy Boys, a few books by Enid Byton and 5 Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat.(Shocked? I not surprised. ) I know this can be hard toimagine especially when you are talking about a blogger who has 2 bloggingawards to his name. But, it’s a fact. This was never an issue till Jan thisyear. But, ever since people began to recognize me for my blogging, theyautomatically assumed I have read hundreds of books by well known authors. Ourconversations would start with my latest blog post and somehow move on totalking about some book by Ayn Rand or Jeffrey Archer and I would just have topretend that I have read some of their books. But yes, I do realise that if my writinghas improved, it’s because I have read other blogs and learnt from them. Since thenI have read quite a few books. To name a couple of them – Alchemist by Paulo Coelhoand Paths of glory by Jeffrey Archer. It’s after reading some these books thatI realise that I really have a long way to go before I can actually call myselfa writer. But to be honest, I still find it tough to finish a book.
2) I hate ordering food in a restaurant: Yup, even if I have been to a restaurant like a million times, Iget really nervous when people ask me order something. Even when it comes toordering for me, I order the same thing that the others do. It’s pretty ok mostof the time, but it can get really embarrassing when you take a girl out andshe asks you, “So what we order?” Trust me, it’s really really embarrassing.
3) I can’t remember complicatedways: Yes, unless the way is straight from point Ato point B, I find it very difficult to remember the way to a place. There’s avery close friend of mine whose house comes after a couple of left and rightturns from the main road. It took me at least 10 visits before I could reachhis house without any help from him.
4) I compose tunes whileriding my bike: I was first going to say, I lovesinging. But, I guess most of you know that by now. You all also know that Ihave composedone song already. But the tune of that piece came up when I was driving backhome from office one day. I compose a tune whenever I am driving, but, theproblem is, I forget the tune the minute I am off the bike. Hopefully nexttime, I will remember to record it whenever I get off the bike.
5) I am a huge foodie: I love food and can eat anything and everything, provided it can getdigested. I am one guy who will never say no when offered something to eat. Mymom must have been one of those lucky moms whose sons have never troubled herfood. The only problem is that I tend to eat a little too much.
6) I am very punctual: Yes, I am very punctual. I reach punctually late to office everydayand leave punctually early too. But when it came to meeting my friends when Iwas in college I was always on time and they were always an hour or two late. Iknew they would be every time, but, I would still be early no matter what andthe best part was that I would always greet them with an annoyed expression.
7) And last but not the least Ilove driving. I can drive for hours and hours together. I just need areason to go out. I do have a weird dream of travelling all around the country onmy bike. I am just waiting to buy a bike that can actually take that kind of ajourney.
Ok folks that’s it from me. I am tagging Vinita, Parth, Guria, Rohini and Chatter Box. Do it only you guys feel like.
Filed under: personal