Dedicated to all my friends working in the corporate world.
I’ve been working on a night shift for the past one month. Once in a while I and a few of my friends from work go out for a stroll downstairs. While most of the gang are busy puffing their cigarettes away to glory, the rest of us are busy checking out the chicks from the call centres next door. We generally end up talking about the same stuff everyday – bitching about our bosses, complaining about our miserable lives, gossiping about mishaps and escalations etc. the list goes on. Along with the chicks, gossip and the cigarette that make the night spicy, there’s another ingredient – the stray dogs.
I remember a friend of mine once telling me, ‘Man, we corporate employees are born to live a dog’s life.’ I agreed with him back then, but not anymore. The fact of the matter is our lives are worse than a dog’s life. Trust me, these get to have allot of fun. Here’s how:
- We need to have access cards around our neck. These guys don’t even wear a collar!
- While we sit and work our ass off, these guys get to chill out all night long!
- We have a million things to worry about everyday. These guys don’t seem to have anything to be bothered about at all!
- They sit around doing nothing all the time. We just can’t afford doing that, can we?
- Neither do they pay taxes; neither do they have to worry about appraisals.
- Last, but not the least, they can stare at the chicks for as long as they want. We all know what’s going to happen if we do that!
I am sure you guys get the point. I’ll just conclude here by saying, ‘Dear god, if you are reading this post today, you know what I want to be when you send me back here again!’